Monday 7 February 2011

Dizzee Rascal Happy To Make "Cheesy" Music


He enjoys making "cheesy" music says Dizzee Rascal.Compared to the tougher grime sounds heard on his earlier albums he now focus on to makes more dance-themed songs., but it means he reaches out to more fans.

"I've done a bit of cheese," explains Dizzee. "When you're trying to reach the masses, people want something they can sing along to instantly, that they can do their little dance to, out drunk in the pub. I like that.

"If you'd asked me five years ago if I'd have done Bonkers I probably would have said no."

Tongue N' Cheek is the latest record by Dizze which he released himself through his own Dirtee Stank label, was nominated for the Barclaycard Mercury Prize.

"For me, that's a fine indicator," he adds to Esquire, "especially when you're at a point where you're so pop. It's that seal of approval, thank you very much."

No comments:

Post a Comment