Wednesday 9 June 2010

Dizzee Rascal and James Corden join 3am on set of new video for World Cup song Shout




There's a big Shout going out for England's World Cup team on Saturday - led by our Danielle.
She got her face painted with a St George's cross, wrapped herself in an England flag and joined Dizzee Rascal and James Corden for the video shoot of their England anthem Shout - along with scores of cheering, football crazy fans.
In an exclusive chat with rapper Dizzee, during the shoot at Harlequins ground The Stoop in Twickenham, SW London, he said it's "mad" that he's even singing a footie anthem.
He said: "I ain't ever been to a match before - that's the mad thing. I've seen England play on TV, I'm always cheering them on. But I'm so busy with gigs I don't get down there."
James added: "I'm so excited about the World Cup. A few of the boys have been in touch and they love the single.
"Rio told me he is devastated to be out of it, but I still think we've got a great chance.
"I just hope they go all the way.
"This is not about getting a No.1 single - we'd swap that to get the England team in the final and raise money for the kiddies at Great Ormond Street."
Dizzee reckons the buzz of singing Shout - a reworking of the Tears For Fears hit - is as big as scoring in the actual final.
He said: "Whenever the World Cup was on I always got that buzz where you wished you were in the winning team scoring that winning goal. I guess recording this single is the closest I'll get to it.
"Hopefully, the song will inspire the team to play better and lets them know the whole country is behind them. I want to hear it on the terraces. There is no reason why we can't win, we have world-class players, it's just what happens on the day."
In the track Dizzee raps a line about Rio Ferdinand saying "nobody can muck with him". He and James didn't even think about cutting the line after the captain got crocked last week.
Dizzee said: "Rio only got injured the other day, so it was a bit late to take it out. Anyway, he's still Rio Ferdinand and he's still a big part of it."
Hearing the crowd chant for the video shoot, he added: "It's wicked to be involved in the World Cup like this. To have done a song that they are singing up there and actually liking, is amazing.
"It's real. All these people are here today because they believe we can win the World Cup. And I believe we have as good a chance as any other top team.
"Everyone has just got to Shout about it and it will get the boys through." Well, you heard the man...

No comments:

Post a Comment