Saturday 26 June 2010

Thrills Pyramid crowd Dizzee Rascal


Dizzee Rascal whipped the swelling crowd near Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage into a frenzy with his British take on traditional rap music.
As he performed his chart topping hits, the volume and excitement from the crowd grew.
Hits Bonkers, Dirtee Disco and Holiday, coupled with a glowing sunset over Worthy Farm, provided the soundtrack for a day which seemingly passed without a hitch.
Marcus Long, 34, and his friend David Goldman, 32, both from Golders Green, north London, agreed that Dizzee was going to be hard to beat.
Mr Long, a teacher, said: "I have been coming to Glastonbury since the mid-90s but today has been among the best days I have had at the festival. Usually I am into more guitar based music so I was disappointed when U2 pulled out.
"But Gorillaz are very good and Dizzee was bound to be a highlight.
"The energy and atmosphere was incredible - I haven't got his album but I think I owe him after that performance. Excellent."
Mr Goldman, a mature student, who had never been to Glastonbury before, said: "I am still in shock a little bit. I have seen it on the television and read so much about it - but actually being here is completely change.
"I loved Dizzee and I am looking forward to Muse and The Dead Weather tomorrow. But the best bit about the festival is just wandering around and coming across things you never thought you'd see. And the toilets are not too bad - yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment